I spent some time last night and today going over my TO DO list and knocked out a few. Here’s some of the new Gentlemen of the Row fixes and updates coming in the next beta release:
- Fixed Rapid Fire Taser – The cops now have a much longer refire delay on the stun gun. The result is that they no longer continuously zap you over and over when you’re trying to get up. You should have at least 10-15 seconds after you rise before they fire again to give you a chance to escape.
- Fixed Fleur De Lys logos – I completely redid the original game’s 256×256 fleur de lys logo so that it no longer looks weird from a distance. The 128×128 one was also redone so it doesn’t look ugly as hell with jaggies. Thanks SOMEDUDE for pointing out that issue in the comments.
- Added encogen’s new Pimp graphic to the gamespy logo screen on startup
- Fixed the medical latex gloves so they no longer obscure the wrist slots. This means bracelets and other wrist items are now visible over them.
- Fixed some naming problems for the Lara Croft Legend outfit (no longer LegendS) and the Gyro Daddy unlock statistic text in the menu. Thanks encogen for the heads up on those.
- Adjusted and lowered (again) the Volition Gift Shop pricing. Each vehicle is now $500,000 instead of $800,000. There is also a pretty huge discount if you own the store, plus ownership generates a huge amount of cash a day now to balance out the initial investment. This should give the player much more money to play with at end game for high ticket items.
- Integrated the new fast weapon switching mod that I’ve talked about in the last couple of posts. I really love this mod so very much. It speeds things up tremendously when using a controller, especially while driving and switching weapons.
I will probably be releasing a new beta soon with these. I may also include the work in progress custom missions for feedback (no promises though!)
One last note, I also added links on the Download page to the Beta Version page for GotR, and the source mods folder so people don’t have to hunt through old news posts for them.